Welcome to baRUNNER - a website for runners from or linked to the British Airways Athletics Club.
The British Airways Athletics Club is a running club operating as a Section within British Airways Clubs.
Membership is open to employees of British Airways and to non-employees. Most of the events we
take part in are open to employees and non-employees - see the Club-Membership
page for details.
This website details the latest news and announcements relating to
the club, the diary of club and featured non-club events, results,
photographs and other useful information.
Feedback is welcome at any time - use the "Tell Us" / "Website
Feedback" button. Website content can also be offered and will be willingly
accepted - in any common formats.
Membership Benefits (see the Club-Membership page for conditions
and how to join)
- Entry and use of facilities at The Imperial College sports ground
Heston Venue (formally the Concorde Centre)...
BA Clubs website
(opens new window) contains details of the
facilities at the Heston Venue,
- and details of other UK regional clubs,
- and lists the other sports and leisure clubs that membership entitles
you to join.
- Entry into the monthly Club In-house Event (CIE),
- these events are usually designed to encourage full
participation by all club members regardless of ability or fitness.
- Entry into the monthly Club Socials
- with inclusive catering every other month (club funds
- Running colleagues for ad hoc and training runs...
- from the Heston Venue on Wednesday evenings,
- and Track & Field every Monday,
- and lunchtimes around Harmondsworth Moor from Waterside (the BA Head Quarters at Harmondsworth).
- Running opportunities covering Road Running, Park Runs, Cross Country, Team Relays
- Track and Field athletics,
- International events,
- Fitness Gym sessions,
- Opportunities to organise events or simply assist others doing so,
- Additional opportunities to gain entry into the London Marathon,
- Guilt free access to this website and regular club emails,
- Two pounds discount from most UK fee entry running events.