Welcome to baRUNNER - a website for runners from or linked to the British Airways Athletics Club.
The British Airways Athletics Club is a running club operating as a Section within British Airways Clubs.
Membership is open to employees of British Airways and to non-employees. Most of the events we
take part in are open to employees and non-employees - see the Club-Membership
page for details.
This website details the latest news and announcements relating to
the club, the diary of club and featured non-club events, results,
photographs and other useful information.
Feedback is welcome at any time - use the "Tell Us" / "Website
Feedback" button. Website content can also be offered and will be willingly
accepted - in any common formats.
Full Membership Benefits (see the Club-Membership page for conditions
and how to join)
- Entry and use of facilities at The Imperial College Sports-ground Heston Venue (formally the Concorde Centre)...
BA Clubs website
(opens new window) contains details of the
facilities at the Heston Venue,
- and details of other UK regional clubs,
- and lists the other sports and leisure clubs that membership entitles
you to join.
- Entry into the monthly Club In-house Event (CIE),
- these events are usually designed to encourage full
participation by all club members regardless of ability or fitness.
- Entry into the monthly Club Socials
- with inclusive catering every other month (club funds
- Running colleagues for ad hoc and training runs...
- from the Heston Venue on Wednesday evenings,
- and Track & Field every Monday,
- and lunchtimes around Harmondsworth Moor from Waterside (the BA Head Quarters at Harmondsworth).
- Running opportunities covering Road Running, parkruns, Cross Country, Team Relays
- Track and Field athletics,
- International events,
- Fitness Gym sessions,
- Opportunities to organise events or simply assist others doing so,
- Additional opportunities to gain entry into the London Marathon,
- Guilt free access to this website and regular club emails,
- Two pounds discount from most UK fee entry running events.